CBD Dosage: How Much Should You Take?
Most people find it difficult to know the exact CBD dosage they should take. CBD is taken for many reasons such as offering pain relief, or for reducing anxiety. Although a lot is known about the advantages of CBD, not much is known about the correct dosage.
Also, the Foods and Drugs Association (FDA) has not come up with a Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for people using CBD. This has confused many first-time users of CBD and even experienced users are not sure they take the right dosage.
There are many factors to consider before coming up with your CBD dosage. Luckily, here are a few things that could help you decide the amount of CBD dosage that you should take.
Factors That May Influence the Dosage
There is no “right” dosage for CBD. However, here are a few things you need to take into consideration:
- The pre-existing condition or conditions making you take CBD
- The effect that is desired
- The level of tolerance of the user
- The concentration of the CBD in a certain product
Determining the right dose will depend on your weight. The more you weigh, the higher the dose of CBD you’ll have to take. The nature of your condition will also influence the amount of CBD. Some conditions may require higher doses. For instance, if you have chronic pain you may take a higher dose than a patient suffering from mood disorders.
Over time, your body’s tolerance for CBD. This may reduce the effectiveness of the doses you’re taking. Thus, it will be advisable to take more doses. You must talk with your doctor as he or she will help you come up with the right dosage.
Figuring the Right Amount for You
CBD is taken by people for different reasons, this is why you need to come up with a dosage that is great for you. Whether you are an experienced user or it’s your first-time, here are a few steps that can help you figure out the right amount of CBD you should take:
- Measure your weight and use it to estimate the correct dosage. If you weigh between 150 lb.-250 lb., a dosage of 18mg-33mg would be a great starting point. If you weigh less than 150 lb., then the appropriate dosage of CBD should be less than 18mg.
- After starting your dosage, check the effects. If they are the desired effects – Retain the same dosage and be consistent when you take them.
- If the dosage isn’t giving you the desired effects – then gradually increase the amount you’re taking.
- If you’re suffering from chronic pain or conditions that cause severe pain, then your dosage may be higher than normal. This is okay and you should consult your doctor to help you come up with a treatment plan.
What Dosages are Safe?
The CBD dosages that are safe are mainly small doses. For instance, for individuals weighing less than 150 lbs., a safe dosage would be less than 10 mg. The safe dosage for individuals weighing more than 150 lbs., is less than 17 mg.
There are many ways to consume CBD. One of the most preferred methods is using a tincture. Once you know the right dosage for you, measure how much CBD the dropper holds to help you take the correct amount.
The best way to find out the amount of CBD contained in the dropper is by dividing the total quantity of the CBD divided by the milliliters of the tincture. For instance, if you have 1000 mg of CBD and a tincture that holds 20ml, then the dropper will have 50 mg of CBD.
A tincture is more accurate because it helps you measure the correct amount of CBD that you should take. Other methods of consuming CBD include vaping, placing tablets under the tongue (sublingual), and mixing CBD oils with food.
The Best Way to Store CBD
All CBD products should be stored away from direct sunlight. This is because Cannabidiol may disintegrate when left in too much heat. Store CBD in a dry or cool place and away from the reach of children.
Consuming the right amount of CBD can greatly improve your health. Although CBD has been approved by the FDA, ensure that you consult your doctor if you experience any severe side effects.